Amir Kahn to fight Phill Le Groco at Liverpool Echo Arena

“Picture by Boxing Aiba”

Bolton’s golden boy Amir Khan will make his eagerly awaited comeback against Canadian Phill Le Groco at Liverpool Echo Arena on April 21st.

Khan the former lightweight champion of the world, is eager to get back into the ring after what has been nearly a two-year absence from the sport, swapping fighting for the jungle after having appeared on ITV’s I’m a celebrity Get me out of here!

His last fight, in May 2016, was his first contest at middleweight were he clashed with Mexican powerhouse Saul Canelo Alvarez only for him to be knocked out in devastating fashion with a vicious right hook to his chin flooring the Greater Manchester fighter.

Khan has admitted that the Canelo fight was mistake for him in hindsight. He said: “Honestly, it’s a fight I should never have gone into because he was physically too big. I had my chances, I thought I could outbox him and be smart and not get hit but obviously he got me with a big shot.”

“Image by Rept0n1X”

Now though Khan is looking to thrive and make good on his comeback.

He added: “Phil Lo Greco will be coming with everything to win this fight and I’m not going to give him an inch. He’s an aggressive fighter who is always looking to press the fight and come forward.

“That makes for a very exciting and action-packed fight for the fans.

“I respect him as a fighter and know he will be coming with big ambitions, but I’m going to put on a great performance and prove to the boxing world that the ‘King’ is well and truly back.”