The jury in the trial of the Hillsborough Disaster match commander David Duckenfield has retired to consider its verdicts.
The six men and six women were sent out at 10.51am on Monday after 10 weeks of the trial at Preston Crown Court.
Judge Sir Peter Openshaw told them: “You are under no pressure of time whatsoever. You can and should take just as long as you want or need.”
Duckenfield, 74, denies the gross negligence manslaughter of 95 Liverpool fans who died in the disaster at the FA Cup semi-final on April 15, 1989.
Ninety-six men, women and children died in the fatal crush on the Leppings Lane terrace in Sheffield.
The jury were told on Friday to ignore claims about the gate being forced open as the judge said no evidence of hooliganism had been presented.
The judge has previously told the jury to be “dispassionate” and “objective” when considering its verdicts.
He said: “The death of 96 spectators, many of whom were very young, is a profound human tragedy attended by much sadness and anger which for many is as raw today as it was 30 years ago.”