Accrington Stanley winger Jordan Clark hopes to get bragging rights against Rochdale

The Wham Stadium, home to Accrington Stanley

Jordan Clark is hoping that come 5pm on Saturday evening, he will be boasting to his neighbour about Stanley grabbing all three points.

The tricky midfielder knows the most important thing is to help The Reds come away from Spotland with a win, although, something else will be on the back of his mind.

The Englishman revealed that his neighbour is a huge Rochdale fan and season ticket holder and Clark knows he wont hear the last of it if his side are defeated.

“My neighbours a big Rochdale fan as well and he’s been telling me how well they’ve been playing this year, so I’m really looking forward to it,” Clark said.

“They beat us home and away last season, so it will be something we will be looking to put right.”

Clark has not long moved into his new home in the borough of Bacup and although he gets along well with his neighbour, he knows he will be cheering for Rochdale on Saturday.

“I’ve not been up there a long time, but he’s a good guy, a nice family and he’s a season ticket holder.

“He’s happy when I do well, but he will definitely be cheering for Rochdale.

” I’m sure he will be knocking on my door if they beat us, so we don’t want that.”

Although both sides sit close to the bottom of the table, Clark still thinks the football both sides play will make it an entertaining game.

“It’ll be a good game, because they’re playing a lot of football this year and credit to the manager really.

“We like to play football as well so I’m sure it’ll be a good game.”

There will also be some added spice to the game with both John Coleman and Jimmy Bell going back to their former club. The pair were in charge at Spotland in 2012-13, before having their contracts terminated.

A 1-0 loss last time the two sides met, will mean everybody will want to put that right, including the management team, but Clarke says them going back to Spotland is something they haven’t really spoken about.

“We’ve not said too much about them going back. They want to win every game.

“Obviously there’s a bit of added pressure as they were there before and last year they beat us home and away so we need to get one back on them.”