Coronavirus continues to cancel on North West students

Photo Credit: Piqsels

With the current impact of coronavirus, students are being forced to stay at home and be taught with online resources.

Amid the global pandemic, a lot of universities have been forced to close due to having a high-risk for students, especially coming from all over the country as well as the North West.

This means that young people with health conditions are also massively affected, as the government advise isolation for 12 weeks.

20-year-old Taylor Egan is a student from Skelmersdale and has been suffering with an underlying health condition nearly all her life.

Taylor has anaphylaxis which causes her airways to close when having an un-triggered reaction, therefore this is a life-threatening condition.

Miss Egan is at high-risk due to her condition, and she gives her thoughts and feelings about this worldwide infection with how it will affect her mentally and physically.

Taylor said: “At the moment, I’m coping okay with isolation, obviously it’s not been that long but it does feel like my whole world has come to entire stand still.

“Being advised for a 12-week isolation period, I do think that will affect my mental health, despite prioritising my physical health. 

Listen to Taylor’s full interview here.

22-year-old Leon De Boer who studies at Chester University, is in his third year of studying Law, as he gives his thoughts on the act of lecturers at such a vital time.

“My lecturers have been extremely pro-active in making additional online resources available to aid with studies in the meantime.

“As of right now, no decision has been made to reschedule or cancel the exams, and as far as I know they’re still scheduled to go ahead.

More than 3,000 people have tested positive for coronavirus in the UK, however estimations are said to be between 35,000 and 50,000.

The disease is growing and the total number of deaths in the UK has risen to over 100, where there are currently over 200 cases of the virus in the North West.